Welcome to the QCentroid Platform Getting Started guide. This overview explains the basic concepts of the QCentroid Platform
Here is part of the terminology that you will hear a lot from now on.
- Problem A problem is a Use Case or a situation that we want to resolve using an algorithm
- Solver is an algorithm to solve a problem.
- Python is the programming languange used by the QCentroid Platform to code the solvers.
- API stands for Application Programming Interface. In the context of APIs, the word Application refers to any software with a distinct function. An API documentation contains information on how developers are to structure the requests and responses used to communicate applications with each other.
- Postman is an API platform for building and using APIs.
- curl (cURL) is a command-line tool that lets you transmit HTTP requests and receive responses from the command line or a shell script. It is available for Linux distributions, Mac OS X, and Windows.
Postman API client #
A quick way to start making requests to QCentroid Platform API is by using a graphic UI API client such as Postman.
Postman is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux and it’s free to use. You can get it here.